The Education Council of Aotearoa has revised its requirements and processes for certification, and has introduced new terminology and references. TENZ has revised their Induction and Mentoring resources to reflect the changes to "Standards for the Teaching Profession".
Induction and Mentoring Programme for Provisionally Certificated Teachers Primary
Induction and Mentoring Programme for Provisionally Certificated Teachers Secondary
- Is consistent with the Education Council of Aotearoa principles of an effective induction and mentoring programme.
- Encourages your new teachers to actively participate in, and be accountable for, their own professional improvement.
- Provides the structure you need for effective ‘learning conversations’ between mentor and new teachers.
- Encourages improved effective professional practice in all aspects of teaching, including reflection, student management, reporting, lesson development, collaboration, and managing stress.
- Includes practical problem solving approaches, real-life scenarios and suggested solutions.
- Is a ‘write on’ document that can be then used to evidence the completion of an induction and mentoring programme over the two years.